FROM US 77 IN REFUGIO
(total distance: 34 miles)
1. Traveling southbound on US 77 through Refugio, TURN LEFT at FM 774 (traffic light). Go past Courthouse and east 1.5 miles. Stop at red flashing light.
2. TURN RIGHT onto FM 2678 heading south toward Bayside and Corpus Christi. Travel south 15 miles to Bayside. At mid-point this becomes FM 136.
3. CONTINUE south across the bridge over the mouth of the Aransas River and follow FM 136 until it intersects with SH 35 near Gregory, a total of 12.5 miles.
4. Construction of freeway lanes and a new overpass is underway at the SH 35 and FM 136 intersection. Follow the construction signs and TURN RIGHT onto SH 35 following signs to Gregory/Corpus Christi. Construction will continue through 2011 and 2012 with traffic being moved to alternate lanes as the work progresses.
5. The first exit to Gregory/Sinton is closed by the construction so you will need to continue over the railroad and Spur 202 overpass following South SH 35.
6. Just past the top of the overpass take the FIRST EXIT to the frontage road, following the sign for GREGORY-FM3284 and follow the frontage road.
7. CONTINUE WESTBOUND on the frontage road for one-half mile passing the Mac's B-B-Q.
8. TURN LEFT and loop under the freeway and LEFT AGAIN onto the eastbound frontage road.
9. Stay on the frontage road and stay to the RIGHT.
10. In one mile it will merge into State Highway 361. Follow the sign to INGLESIDE and SH 361.
11. Continue east passing through the signalized rail crossing that cuts across the highway just before you come to the signalized intersection with the Sherwin Alumina entrance road. Go straight an additional 0.90 miles passing the Naismith Reservoir on the left. On the right you will see two large domed ground storage tanks which are within the fenced Water District complex.
12. Move to the right turning lane and TURN RIGHT at the Water District Entrance Drive and security gate. Visitor Parking is at the right. Use the call box to request entry.